Java Job in Alexandria, Virginia : VA
Looking for Java Jobs? See currently available Java job openings on java.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
java.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any java job . We provide job resources for Java positions throughout the industry. java.jobs.net also provides Java jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Java by either city or state.
java.jobs.net is a java job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Java jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your java job search on java.jobs.net today.
Java Developer Job Description
Job Title: Java Developer
Job Description: Design, develop, and implement large, cutting edge standalone Java web-based application systems. The candidate will design, code and test full-stack Java-based standalone application and web application software using Agile methodology with a Java Script user interface. Use sound software engineering and object oriented principles to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure, fault tolerant, and of high quality.Key Skills: JAVA, JEE, Web services (REST Based), Spring, Hibernate, JSON, XML, JQuery
- Design, develop, maintain, and deliver highly scalable and reliable software using standalone Java and web technologies.
- Requires object-oriented expertise.
- Experience developing web-based application
- Collaborate with other engineers and product owners to analyze, design, and implement user stories using an agile methodology.
- Write high-quality software code that complies with design specifications and meets development and support requirements.
- Develop unit tests and test changes using an agile methodology.
- Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, automated builds, and source control.
- Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team member to review user stories, estimate and create sprint backlogs, participate in sprint reviews, demos and retrospectives.
- Experience with JBoss/Fuse is a plus.
This is a Back-end development position.
Alexandria Java Job
Java Developer Job Requirements
- Agile Software development process experience.
- Strong experience in Java technologies.
- Hands on experience in HTML,Servlets, Java Script, JSP, Spring/JPA and Hibernate/MyBatis ORM frameworks.
- Experience in developing REST services using Resteasy, Java Jersey or JAX-RS.
- Experience in at least one of the following configuration management tools: PVCS, Subversion and build automation tools such as Ant, Maven, BuildForge or similar.
- Experience in at least one of the following integrated development environments: Eclipse, IBM RAD, or JDeveloper.
- Prior JEE application development experience on JBoss Application Server or other similar JEE application servers.
- Experience authoring and performance engineering SQL queries and stored procedures on MySQL is desired.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and WS* standards in addition to hands on experience coding XML Web Services using JAX* API and tools like Axis are strongly desired.
- Must also have Unit Testing experience.
The candidate must also be able to pass a security background check, including a credit check. The clearance is a Public Trust level.