Java Job in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania : PA
Looking for Java Jobs? See currently available Java job openings on java.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
java.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any java job . We provide job resources for Java positions throughout the industry. java.jobs.net also provides Java jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Java by either city or state.
java.jobs.net is a java job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Java jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your java job search on java.jobs.net today.
Scrum Master - Direct Client
Scrum Master - Direct Client Job Description
DIRECT CLIENT URGENT REQUIREMENT FOR SCRUM MASTER
Philadelphia Java Job
Scrum Master - Direct Client Job Requirements
DIRECT Client: Financial
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
Duration: 1yr + Extensions
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility to ensure Scrum theory, practices, and rules are understood and enacted. The Scrum Master will support two or three scrum teams within a fast-paced application development environment while adhering to Scrum principles. S/he will lead complex large scale and/or enterprise-wide Agile programs and coordinate with various program support teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
• Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Leads multiple high performing Scrum teams facilitating progress toward delivery goals using agile practices and coordinates information with other non-scrum teams involved in the project.
• Practices and promotes Lincoln’s specialized Agile/Scrum delivery methodology including managing budget and schedules for assigned programs/projects.
• Identifies dependencies and removes impediments to project progress, identifies areas of risk, and develops and implements complex mitigation plans.
• Facilitates core Agile meetings with two or three teams (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Demo, Retrospective and Backlog refinement).
• Develops metric reports on project status, budget, schedule, and Agile metrics such as velocity and cycle time.
• Manages internal and external communication, improves transparency, and communicates information throughout the organization.
• Leads collaboration sessions with internal clients on complex/large-scale projects to formulate creative and practical solutions to software challenges.
• Interfaces and effectively communicates with business and technical resources.
• Synchronizes with non-technical teams to deliver releases smoothly.
• Identifies key cross-functional issues and project synergies; provides guidance with complex project issues.
• Collaborates effectively with management and appropriate project stakeholders on issues and conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality and risk of assigned complex projects/programs.
• Acts as a primary communication hub between the various functional departments and the software development team to foresee risks, formulate plans, and organize activities to ensure sprints are completed on time.
• Contributes to the software development process improvement initiatives and associated documentation, and provides valuable guidance to peers based on process/product knowledge and scrum experience.
• Ensures clear communication and organization of the team(s), along with maintaining the core scrum artifacts and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
• Remains current in profession and industry trends.
• Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement- Learning new skills, procedures and processes
• Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) in IT or related business field (Minimum Required)
• 5 – 7+ Years of experience as a scrum master leading multiple software development project teams to deliver high-quality software solutions using Agile techniques (Required)
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
• Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
• Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
• Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances.
• Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
• Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
• Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Evaluate trends in data or information.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
• Ability to work with others in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
• Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
• Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
• Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior/executive management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
• Thorough understanding of multiple SDLC methodologies with an emphasis on Agile.
• Experience managing multiple teams simultaneously in an Agile environment, including onsite and remote team members.
• Experience managing product and sprint backlogs, and executing effectively and efficiently using Agile techniques such as Scrum or Kanban.
• Ability to run sprint retrospectives and provide constructive feedback to teams regarding estimates, activities and process improvement.
• Strong experience in managing custom software development projects/programs.
• Scrum master certification (CSM) is required
• Team coach certification (CTC) is preferred
If interested, Please reply with your Daytime number, Salary rate and Work authorization. Please send your resume or any questions directly to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or feel free to reach me at 609-829-0009.
Ph: 609-829-0009(O) / Fax: 609-784-0929